Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dress Form Make Over

I had other things I should have been doing today....like getting the dresses behind the dress form listed on Etsy, but I got tired of seeing this boring dress form.
It is one of the two I kept from a large lot I bought. I cut an old standing lamp stand to fit it because I liked the wrought iron look better. Then that was it....until today.
 I have several books of vintage sheet music and some Mod Podge so I figured I'd give it a go!

 It was messier and more time consuming than I'd expected. This was only my second or third time working with Mod Podge.

 I painted her "hat" black to match her stand.

Best of all it didn't cost me anything. It was all stuff I'd had left over from other projects. She might be going in the big sale, I haven't decided yet.

Linking to:
A Diamond in the Stuff for Time to Shine
Bella Rosa Antiques  for Second Chance Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style  for Wow Us Wednesday
House of Grace  for Twice Owned Tuesday
Type A  for Anything Goes
Pink Postcard  for Transformations and Treasures
Blue Cricket Design  for Show and Tell
My Backyard Eden  for Make It Yours Day
The Shabby Chic Cottage  for Transformation Thursdays
Beyond the Picket Fence  for Under $100
House of Hepworths
The Shabby Nest  for Frugal Friday
Remodelaholic  for Anonymous 58
Chic on a Shoestring  for Flaunt it Friday

22 comments:

  1. Neat! I would have never thought of that. To sell or to keep...that's a tough one!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques
    PS...that would be a great link up for my Second Chance Tuesday post today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jillian
    It is tough! I just can't decided!! I might have to find more dress forms and make them like this to sell and keep this one. Going to link up now, Thanks Jillian!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Found you at 2nd Chance Tuesday. Gonna check out more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I so want a dress form! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing how others decorate their dress forms. I love yours. She looks so pretty. I recently covered one with ripped up brwon paper and I have one waiting in my basement for a new look. I love the way yours is still white, but with the subtle sheet music giving her a bit more interest. Thanks for the inspiration.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicki, I did this same thing a few months ago. I love mine and I love your...maybe they should get together! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I found you at Bella Rosa's Second Chance Tuesday...love your idea of mod poging your dress form. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dress forms anyway, but yours really is cute! All that mess with the Mod Podge was worth it. Love the way you displayed it in the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, totally cute. What creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's looking mighty fancy! I'd have a hard time parting with her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'd definitely keep her around now! Not boring any longer. You did a great makeover!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really came out well. Pretty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dress form. Thanks so much for joining the party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. Decoupage is so much fun and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dress form. I had a new dress form like that and I antiqued it to make it look like an old one since I can't afford a real old one. One of these days I'll get along to showing mine on my blog - I still want to alter the wood part and haven't decided what to do with it exactly.

    And by the way - you spell your name exactly like mine!! I've hardly ever seen anyone spell Nicki the same way - it's kind of a family joke saying they mispelled it and it should be Nikki or something else. Two great coincidences for me in your post. I'll have to browse through the rest of your blog. Feel free to drop by mine. ;)

    Nicki
    58Cherries
    http://58cherries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I REALLLLY love what you have done here. I need to do something similar. I picked up a dress form at the amazing price of $1! It was at a sale that was closing up and it hadn’t sold. Too many projects on the burner at once.

    FABULOUS job.

    Denise
    Extreme Personal Measures

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!