Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Living with Farmhouse Neutrals 101

The one question I am asked about my house most often is "How do you keep everything white?" Followed by "You don't have kids or cats do you?

Our house has gone through a lot of different changes over the years and through a couple of moves, but one thing that has stayed the same is my love of white linens! Nothing says fresh and clean like white linens!! They are perfect for the vintage farmhouse vibe.....but can seem not so perfect if you are like me and you have three kids, and those kids have friends and your house is the hang out house.

Throw in a couple of goats and cats and I start to seem positively crazy for owning white sofa!

Slip covers are a LIFESAVER! I've had the same sofa for 6 years now. It was a $20 Craigslist score {from Ikea originally}. It has survived all of the kids and their friends, the cats, the goats....red wine spills, nail polish, scented oil plug ins that leaked, various food, mud and so many things that would just make you go EWW.

But most of all my laundry arsenal is my best friend! I'm that flaky person that always forgets to pre-treat or put it in the wash before a stain has time to set in.

Here's what we keep on hand:
Molly's Suds Oxygen Whitener & Mr's Meyers Clean Day Laundry detergent.


Yep, that's it! No kidding! I love to keep life easy peasy and I love that I can order these items from Grove Collaborative and have them shipped to my door every month.

Farmhouse neutrals are so easy to live with and around here I mean that, we really LIVE with it, just ask the goats who think that they live indoors!

Right now for a limited time you can get the following items all for FREE with your first $20 order at Grove Collaborative!
  • Mrs. Meyer's Spring Hand Soap
  • Mrs. Meyer's Spring Dish Soap
  • Grove Collaborative Glass Spray Bottle
  • Grove Collaborative Walnut Scrubber Sponges
  • Plus free shipping & VIP trial

Existing customers will receive the Grove Spray Bottle at 50% off

My recommendation to keep those farmhouse whites clean and bright are Molly's Suds Oxygen Whitener & Mr's Meyers Clean Day Laundry detergent. Add those to your cart and you get the items above all for free!

Nicki
Owner/Maker/Curator
The Vintage Farmhouse

*Happy to be a Grove Collaborative affiliate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!