Friday, June 17, 2011

Yes, I'm A Scatter Brain

And it is getting worse as I plan my booth for Horton's French Flea Market

I mean it's only two days of my life (July 8th and 9th if you'd like to come out and shop btw *wink wink*)

But I am by nature a scatter brained person. I thrive on organized chaos. I suppose it doesn't help that one of the medications I am on to quit smoking has a main side effect of....drum roll please....MEMORY LOSS. 
Really, I can't afford more memory loss people! I mean, it has helped me quit smoking. It's been a month and a half. But my mind is floating away.

A blog, an Etsy shop, a Facebook page, a household to run, three needy kids on summer vacation....throw in one very important (to me) flea market show and you have one very crazy person who can't remember what day it is or even my own name half the time.
But seriously, I am oh so excited and honored that I will be participating in Horton's Flea. It's my first "big time" event. 

I want to scream from the roof top "Look at me, I'm running with the big dogs!!"

I am dreaming about flea markets almost every single night and keep my notebook bedside in case I wake up with an idea.

One such idea happened and I got up, grabbed some old seam binding, ruffed up the edges, and used pink ink and a stamp. I think I will use it to wrap around some of the old books I am working on.

I've seen this done on Etsy but it never occurred to me that I could do it too (until the middle of the night of course, isn't that just how these things happen?)

 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh that is pretty ribbon Nicki. I dream up inspiration at night myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ribbon. :D Congrats on Horton's Flea. You are busy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok love the light blue candle holder holding up that cute ribbon....swoon... try puzzles the are supposed to help memory loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so for stopping by to visit me. I read through a couple of posts and I had to tell you this one really spoke to me. I don't think it is so much the scatter brain but the creative person that you are, I too am a creative person and I am always in a state of chaos, one project not quite done and then I start another. I am always painting more than one piece of furniture at a time. I wanted you to know that there are many of us out here who understand. Oh and good luck with the non smoking, I quite over 13 years ago and you will be happy in the end when you don't have the feeling to do so anymore. Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!