Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Local Booth Space

Do you ever have coincidences pile up that make you feel like something is just meant to be?

Last Saturday I went to a yard sale run by a young man who said he has a booth space in an antique mall in Zionsville.

Then Saturday evening I ventured in to town to pass out some fliers for The Indie Arts and Vintage Market, when I found the antique mall. It's sad to say this, but I have lived here for over two years now and never really gone into our adorable little town much.

I went in, asked if I could leave some fliers and before I turned to walk out the door it occurred to me to ask about booth space. 

It turned out she did in fact have one booth that was going to open soon. The space belonged to the previous owner of the mall.
I'd been searching for a store front here in town but they run around $2k a month for the cheapest ones that are relatively small 
{700 sq ft} 

So maybe a booth space would be right for me. The gal that runs it is as sweet and down to earth as can be and when she told me the price for the space and was completely ok with me painting the walls {previously a VERY dark green} I was sold!!

Excellent price to be right on Main St. in the Village of Zionsville. 
So I am doing the happy dance right now. 

Tuesday morning I went in and paid my space rental, Tuesday afternoon the previous occupant moved his items out, Tuesday night we went in and painted!!
 I put my ex husband to work! {Ladies, he's for rent if you need a helper! lol}

I am a busy busy bee between markets and getting my items together for my new space.

My grand opening of my space is this Saturday!

~You can find my booth at~

The Village Antique Mall
 45 S. Main St.
Zionsville, IN
46077

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I've had my own booth space since November, and my only complaint is that I wish I had more time to devote to it. It's awesome that they let you paint and personalize your space. Some antique malls have so many rules - and I understand why they do it - but I'm glad that the person who runs my shop isn't super-strict. Hopefully, you'll share some pictures of your space when you're finished!! Congrats and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Can't wait to see what you do with your space. Having a booth is wonderful. I love having mine since it lets me play with my creative juices and is sort of "therapy" for me. Best wishes!
    Blessings & hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you! looking forward to see pics of your booth:)Goodluck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new adventure! How exciting to have this outlet for all your wonderful finds and transformations. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get my ex-husband to do manual labor for me:) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!