Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Here's The Story, Morning Glory

I'm in a title rhyming mood lately, what can I say?

So like I said yesterday, I'm no good at keeping secrets. 

My inspiration photos surely gave away what I am up to, and some of you even know the background story. But for those who don't here we go......

Almost 2 years ago when we moved to our vintage farmhouse, my ex husband made the move with us......right into what would have been a spare room. We had our reasons, it was to help him out, so he could see the kids, yadda yadda yadda.

Now I know this is a strange living situation, but truly for the most part it really worked for all of us. We all got along, the kids loved having him here. He loves to go thrift shopping and yard selling as much as I do and we are honestly great friends even though the marriage didn't work out.

But there comes a time when all baby birds must leave the nest....his time had come! He found a nice little apartment near here so the kids can continue to see him often. 

Which now leaves me with this empty room! I've never had a spare empty room. 

I have to finish painting the walls, floors and ceilings before I organize....but I have a new craft room/office!! I'm so excited.

Anyways don't cringe too much but here are some pictures of the room currently......




I've already moved in my desk, some furniture and random piles of stuff because I am just too anxious to have it done. This will be another project where I only use what I have on hand already. {Umm yeahhhh, I'll be shopping in my own garage!}

It's definitely got potential!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely, I can see the potential in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you turn this room into. I know it will be stunning.

    Love that you have a great relationship with your children's father. That is so important, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about time he did something!!!! LOL!!!!! Hey I needed a pick me up and I was just thinking about when I came to your sale...and that whole scenario! I've had a rough ROUGH day and here you go and show me that room...those floors...I LOVE THOSE FLOORS. LOVE them I tell ya. Now you can just have your little business and be a famous french artist with pizza eating chickens that like to go bye bye and adorable kids and an ex-husband that flew the nest. Crazy I tell ya!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pictures something oh so charming!

    can't wait to see...Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting...and what an unusual story. Is there more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this story. I can't wait to see what you do with this room. It is going to look amazing, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What fun you are going to have and we will be happy to go on the journey with you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow how wonderful :) i bet that room will look fabulous once you're finished! xo love your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh the possibilities for this room! Glad to hear you've got that extra room...and that "ex" has moved out but is still close by for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is exciting!!!
    I can only imagine what you will create!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!