Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Water Slide Paper

At last, the water slide paper tutorial I promised. Better late than never, right?

Ok so I found my package of paper brand new floating in one of the Goodwill Outlet bins and paid a few cents for it, but you can buy water slide paper at places like Hobby Lobby.

It comes in a package with several sheets and you pick your design from where ever you want and print it out on your printer. {I'm a big fan of The Graphics Fairy for my graphics}


Cut out the size you want and put it in a container of warm water until the top part slides easily off.

 Then you stick it to the container of your choice. Careful to smooth out any air bubbles. The paper is very thin so also be careful not to tear it.

You can mod podge over the top of it for extra staying power if you want. 

I hope this answers the questions everyone had. 

I'd like to take a moment to say I am not a water slide professional! 
I found the stuff in the Goodwill bin and decided to give it a go. 

This is how I used it. Is it the proper way? I don't really know for sure, but I know it worked for me!

Happy Wednesday!!

8 comments:

  1. Well cool...thanks for the tute! Here's what I think....little make it take it workshop in your booth to attract people. A booth had one last year and I did it. It was a tag, and we put the eiffel tower stamp on it, with a postage stamp thingy with a flower....anyway, it was a cute make-it-take-it and it was free and it drew people in. I'm sure I posted it I'll see if I can find the post. Just an idea.

    Cindy bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it...here's the link, then scroll down and you'll see the make it take it tag I'm talking about.

    http://thebeeladyfromhilltopfarm.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fab to me! must try it! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for the tutorial and for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a nice blog!
    Take Care,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing.. I would love to give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the tutorial-I think the product turned out great!

    New follower,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, better late than never!
    Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!