Sunday, February 20, 2011

Architectural Salvage

For our "weekend away" we actually went about two towns over (this is what happens on a tiny tiny budget) but it was really nice to get away and just spend time together. 

There is an Architectural Salvage place near our house. We have passed it a few times a week for over a year and never stopped. So we decided since we have the free time to go ahead and pop on in. 

I can't BELIEVE I've never been there before. From the outside it looks like a little unassuming house with some barns behind it. But inside the barn is this........


 I really wanted these wrought iron doors but they were not in our budget.



























If you are local or plan to visit the Indy area this is a must stop place! Even if you don't have the money to spend, it's still glorious to see everything. They have amazing amounts of almost anything you could want. Glass knobs, hardware, rows and rows of crystals. I was in heaven!

14 comments:

  1. I want, I want, I want! Everything is beautiful! I especially like all the chandeliers! Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word......love that place! Thanks for sharing.....we will have to check this place out next time we are down your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like chandelier heaven! I bet you had a blast taking it all in! I've never seen so many different types of glass hardware.
    It was fun to peek. Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish! looks like you had fun looking around. thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing? And these are just a few pictures I took. There were rooms upon rooms with goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. What a wonderful place. I would be in heaven. I want that precious little lamp statue that was in the fireplace in one of your pics. Stunning. Glad you stopped. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK Nicki,

    I gotta know where this place is before I start decorating our new house. My husband and I have been to the one in downtown Indy. And then there is one close to you...which one is this? I love those sconce lights, the chandeliers, I need a fireplace mantle, and that coffee shop sign! Too cool.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fabulous,you could just dream the day away with all those fab things..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is a fabulous find! wish we lived closer!! most of our chandeliers came from belgium or france and are cast brass which have a nice old gold glow. found them on ebay. thank you so much for sharing! jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im hoping to go see Pattie( The Shabby Chick) around May. We are gonna have to visit this place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man do i wish i was a local! that place looks fabulous...thanks for passing along the website. hope it was a great wknd:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, now I've got to know where that place is. I feel a mini road trip up north. I've only been to the White River Salvage downtown. It seemed pricey. It isn't unheard of for me to drive an hour or two just to check out some antique place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled upon your blog and very glad that I did. What a treasury of treats to look at. I hope you don't mind I have added your blog to my bloglist on my homepage so others may stumble as well.
    Thanks for making my day.
    Connie
    http://www.dressedtothe9sconnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! That french chandelier is so gorgeous! And the arched doors are fab! Who knows maybe they'll eventually come down in price? I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!