Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Have you Picked Your Word for the Year?

You might think it is a little silly,
 to pick a word that encompasses your entire year. Maybe the way you feel about the coming year has many words attached to it.

For me it's all about SIMPLIFY.

I have kids, and cats, and goats, and life, and stuff, and things, and it is all just a little overwhelming sometimes.
{Isn't it for everyone?} 

So I am going through this thing.....

There is this whole minimalist movement happening. My friends and I have been discussing it a lot on Facebook. My personal thought on becoming a minimalist is this
Minimalism is trending BIG right now and I think some of it is monkey see monkey do....but I also think there is definitely a reason it is trending. We are living in an age where he who dies with the most stuff isn't a sign of wealth or status any longer. We are realizing that all this stuff is sometimes a sign of larger issues. We are taking notice of how we interact with our things and many of us are deciding it is time to spend less money and time on living with things and more on doing things...I personally want to do all the things, every. last. one. 

 
Now I know this isn't for everyone and if minimalism isn't your thing. If you like all of your stuff and truly enjoy it then keep on keepin on!!

 I started my year with a plan and a list.
And I am sticking to it.....
Sometimes things go in the get rid of pile, then come out, but eventually always end up back in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments. Thank you for reading visiting!